Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hatman

I must be the Renaissance man at my job. I wear so many hats here. I am a salesperson. I help receive products and ship products. I also created the website. I know I don't do much with it now but it is my design. Without inspiration and time, it is hard to find myself wanting to do anything with it. I also do installs. This includes walking the job to see what is needed, create and send out proposals, do the install, and follow up with tech support afterwards. I also coordinate hardware needed and scheduling of the other installer needed for jobs. I also manage in its entirety our ebay online operation. It is hard to think of what I do here and the only way I get more money is from the percentage I get off of the profit of eBay and the money I get from installs. Perhaps the boss looks at me when I am not doing ebay or installs as a low supplier of help and service, because I've not seen a raise in 10 years. The boss's second person in command working here makes $2 more than I do just in hourly pay. I solve computer problems, cost problems, figure out easier and more efficient ways to do things, I box up display units better than anyone, I make price signs best, I showed the boss how to sell on ebay, then on Amazon. I don't know what I am doing here, besides being someone's b*tch. I hate how I feel confined to this job because of the economy and my finances and schooling and scheduling. I pray there will be a day I will walk out of this job forever. Until that day I have to vent about it here. Until that day, Tis only a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment